Positive affirmations are statements that describe a desired outcome. The statements are repeated many times to trigger the subconscious mind into positive action. Repeat the affirmations with attention, conviction, intention and desire to ensure their effectiveness. This process is known as a form of auto suggestion or self hypnosis.
Positive affirmations work in the same manner as creative visualization. The repeated words help you focus your mind on your aim and build corresponding mental images in the conscious mind. This building process effects the subconscious mind thereby transforming your habits, behavior, mental attitude and reactions.
Benefits of Positive Affirmations
1. Improve your Health
2. Manage/eliminate stress
3. Change old habits
4. Change your outlook on life
5. Bring forth your capabilities, strengths, talents, and skills
Examples of Positive Affirmations
1. I am more than enough. Everything I need is already inside of me.
2. My mind is peaceful. I live in the present moment.
3. I live in divine health. My body functions the way it was designed to function.
4. I am a finisher. I complete every task I set out to do.
5. Compassion flows through me. I establish loving and trustworthy relationships.
NOTE: Always use the present tense in your positive affirmations. This gives your affirmation the power of now, enabling the subconscious to act on it faster creating a new reality around you.